Tuesday, August 23, 2011

What to Watch

I discovered Netflix streaming, I know, I'm behind, we've had Netflix for a couple years but I just never streamed anything, welcome to 2008 Amy. My favorite feature on Netflix is that it can predict what I would like to watch with amazing accuracy. I have found myself streaming videos when I am cleaning, folding laundry, and even getting ready in the morning. Here are a few I have watched recently:

The Human Experience Documentary: It is a story of two brothers on a search of answers to their burning questions: who am I and why do we search for meaning? Their experiences lead the to the concrete jungle living homeless in New York, to the orphans and disable children of Peru, and to the abandoned lepers of Ghana, Africa. It is heart breaking and heart warming. I laughed out loud and cried. It was beautiful and extremely thought provoking.

The Proposal: Ryan Reynolds, Sandra Bullock in a romantic comedy, yes please! One of my all time favorite romantic comedies. I think I laugh throughout the whole movie. They do awkwardness and touching well.


Babies: A documentary looking at the lives of 4 babies for one year from around the world, from Mongolia, to Namibia, to San Francisco, to Tokyo. Though the babies language is different and their environments are incredibly different, the babies cry the same, laugh the same, learn the same frustrating yet satisfying art of crawling than walking the same. The movie is a joyous celebration of life and is often quite hilarious.

Secretariat: You end up cheering out loud for a horse and wanting to jump up and down with owner Penny Chenery (Diane Lane).

Friday Night Lights: Best. Show. Ever. Relevant magazine says "A show that gives reality its messy, unromatic due, even while it almost always tips its hat in direction of hope". Moral dilemmas are at the centerpiece of conflict and yet it gives quality in the form of families rallying around each other, a community that still believes in community, and teens who make bad choices but have to work through their choices and ultimately are striving for what is right. I was hooked at the 1st episode!


The American President: A comedy drama from 1995 about a widowed US President and a lobbyist who fall in love. Its charming and sweet.
Happy Streaming!

No comments :

Post a Comment