Monday, July 25, 2011

Home Inspiration: Books

I have started 4 books this year and I have finished, oh, one. My husband is on his 35th book of the year. He is never without a book. He wakes up reading, he goes to sleep reading, he reads at work, he reads while I'm watching tv, he even will read in the shower. His reading obviously has led to a huge collection of books. We have a small library in our house and in his office, as well as, piles of books and I am a person where everything needs a space. Call it anal or type a personality but I get overwhelmed with clutter and I find books cluttery. However, I know they are important to my husband so I am always on the search of how to store books in a pleasing way. Here are a few ways I was looking at for displaying:

Color coordinating =)
Making a usually bland space functional.
Dark walls, thick white shelves, pops of unifying color makes this space interesting to me.
I need to figure this out because even though I only read sometimes I do believe this is true.

No comments :

Post a Comment