Thursday, October 18, 2012

Belly Button

Dear Belly Button,

I don't think you will ever be the same.  After every run and ab workout I am checking on you to see if you have gone back to your cute concave self but thus far, no such luck.  At first, belly button I was very frustrated by this but now I am trying to embrace your squishy outtieness. You have stretched for two beautiful healthy baby boys and for that I am thankful. You stand as a symbol for the lives I had the privilege to hold inside me. The precious lives that kicked you, poked you, pushed you till you were nonexistent. I don't want to look at you as fugly but as a token of being a mommy. Thank you for the reminder every day about how amazing my body is and how fortunate I am to have carried the two greatest gifts I have ever been given!

Love, Amy

No comments :

Post a Comment