Monday, January 16, 2012

Mommy Mondays: Embracing

Being pregnant is a miracle. If you think of all the things that have to come together in perfect time its amazing that anyone can get pregnant. I might understand the science of sperm and egg coming together to start the process of making a baby but everything about growing a human inside of me and then birthing that little baby causes me to just praise God for his intimate and intricate design. Again, its a miracle.

I have never struggled with infertility, I have never lost a child in the womb or out of the womb, I am actually one of those people who better be on some kind of birth control or I would be on my way to Duggar size family. Though its been easy for me to conceive I have friends who have struggled to get pregnant. I have prayed over people who have just lost their baby. I have cried for multiple couples who have loved and dreamed for a child they have not been able to have. I can't imagine, but being pregnant I force myself to think about those faces and lift them up in prayer. Why? Because though being pregnant is a miracle and I love love love watching baby move and kick and even like watching my belly grow sometimes its not easy. You get sick, your back hurts, sleep decides to take a hiatus, veins pop out, you gain more weight than you want...fill in the blank, but I don't want to complain. I think complaining or whining about such a blessing leads me to being ungrateful and digs deeper into the wounds of those already hurt. They would give anything to hold their child or feel their child move inside their belly.

I have been given the privilege to carry this little life. To those out there who have not been able to have a baby or who have lost a baby, know I will be embracing this pregnancy, the good and the bad knowing that I am carrying a miracle and praying for your own miracle. I'm sorry for the times I may have said something or some one else has said something that led to you hurting more.


No comments :

Post a Comment