Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Homemade Ice Cream

Yes it still is winter and it looks like we may get one more good snow in Prescott but one of my all time favorite foods is homemade ice cream so it doesn't matter to me if there are snow flurries or not. Last night Corbyn and I whipped up some homemade ice cream and had a picnic on the living room floor, in front of the fire with our homemade vanilla ice cream. Corbyn loved mixing the ingredients together and loved sitting on the counter watching it go round to make the ice cream. He said it was "delish", I agreed and I thought it was a fun, easy thing to do with him.
To make a classic vanilla in a Cuisinart Ice Cream maker you take 1 cup milk, 3/4 cup sugar, 2 cups heavy cream, and 2 tablespoons (plus a little) vanilla. Yum yum, enjoy!

No comments :

Post a Comment