Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Pork Carnitas

I could eat Mexican food for every meal! I guess that is what I get for living in SoCal and Arizona my whole life! But healthy and Mexican food don’t really seem to jive together all that much. So when you find a delicious and healthy Pork Carnitas you do your due diligence and share the love! One of my favorite things to do as a Health Coach is to take people’s favorite recipes and Fix them up into versions they can still be proud to serve to their family and friends! This recipe is me Fixing up my favorite food! 

Pork Carnitas 
-3 lbs of Pork Loin
-2 Bay Leaves
-1.5 cups of water

To Make the Rub Combine:
-2 tbsp of chili powder
-2 tsp cumin
-1/2 tsp cloves
-1 tsp onion powder
-2 tsp garlic powder
-1 tsp sea salt
-1 tsp oregano

Directions:
Mix all spices together except bay leaf in a bowl. Rub down entire porkloin with spices and place in your slow cooker. Add the bay leaf and water. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Shred. Stir the meat to coat with juices. 

Cilantro Lime Chipotle Topping (Do not omit this, it totally adds to it!)
-3/4 to 1 Cup Greek Yogurt
-1/4 cup Fresh Lime Juice
-1/4 cup Fresh Cilantro
-1-2 Tbsp of Chipotle in Adobo (amount depends on how spicy you want it)

-1 lime cut into wedges for garnish

No comments :

Post a Comment