Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Corbyn's Room Inspiration Board

Here is my inspiration board for Corbyn's big boy room. He still loves his crib and won't get out of it (he will stand there for 20 minutes yelling for mom if he has to but will not try and jump out, I think mom put the fear of God in him at 14 months!) so I don't think we will be switching too soon but I want to be ready.
For his big boy room I have decided to go with his favorite color, orange (he is insistant on orange as his favorite for more than a year now, he always picks the orange popsicle, the orange shirt, or orange ball) and with navy and white with a little bit of a nautical theme. I want the room to feel fresh, bright, and happy, to be a place where he can play, read, and rest comfortably. I also want his room to be something he can't grow out of too fast (I said that when we were designing his nursery and I am so thankful I did because even now he loves his room and could actually easily transfer into a big boy room but I'm actually the ones that wants to switch it up).
So here it is:



The orange pillows, throw blanket, curtains and lamp are from the Land of Nod.

The crib is his crib now that converts into a full bed with headboard and footboard.

The shelf storage and blue storage bins are from Target.

The orange chair is from amazon.com made by P'kolino

The nautical pillow is from H&M home UK, I may have to have my friend in England send it to me =)

The paint color for the walls is Benjamin Moore Early Morning Mist or Grey Owl.

The map was found at Pottery Barn Kids but I guess its from a couple years back, boo!

And the striped bedding was found here in a photo but I can't find striped bedding like that anywhere, any body have any ideas or am I going to have to hire someone to sew it.

No comments :

Post a Comment