Monday, April 25, 2011

I wish and I'm thankful

I wish I could be a stay at home mommy but I am thankful for a job I love and that offers me the flexibility to be there for Corbyn whenever he needs me.

I wish I had Gwyneth Paltrow's legs but I am thankful that I have legs that allow me to run after my son and jump up and down when I get excited and ache after a long jog on the treadmill. And bonus I'm thankful I have enough similarities (mainly long, blonde hair) to Gwyneth that my boy saw her picture in a magazine and squealed "mommy!"

I wish I didn't have cravings for salty foods but I am thankful that we have so many different options of food to eat in our society, some healthy, some not so much, but we have options, heck, we have food.

I wish I still lived close to all my besties from college but I am thankful for long phone calls, quick "I'm thinking of you" texts, weddings that bring us all together, and friendship that transcends distance.

I wish I could see five years into the future to see what life holds but I am thankful for a God who does, a God that I love and can put my whole trust in. He brings peace to this anxious girl.

See, who wouldn't want to stay home with this sweet face.
And use their legs to chase after these.
Peacefulness. I am thankful.





No comments :

Post a Comment