Thursday, March 18, 2010

Getting out of Funkytown

march 18. 2010

My alarm went off this morning, I wasn't ready to get out of bed. So, I hit snooze. One minute later I heard Corbyn cry...darn it, I'm not ready to get up buddy, don't you remember screaming for an hour and a half in the middle of the night. I lay there for a few minutes pleading with him, in my mind, from across the house, trying to will him back to sleep. Didn't work. So I got up. Saw his little face and smiled as he wrapped his little arms around my neck. Ok...ok getting out of bed is worth it for this.

However, my day continued on and I was in Funkytown. Everything was frustrating to me, stress felt heightened, I felt discontentment, and I was super annoyed at everything and anything. I felt like Alexander from The Terrible, Horrible, No Good Very Bad Day, I really don't like feeling this way!

I decided to step away from my computer and my desk, that looked like a tornado passed over it, and run some errands for work. I get into my car...its hot in the car, ugh I hate being hot. So I turned on the air. Too cold (those who know me know I am very temperature picky). So I rolled down the windows. Beautiful! Turned up the music, to a volume I don't believe I ever have before (my husband would have been proud). Wonderful! And decided to sing. Loud. Like really loud. I even pulled into the parking lot, where people were walking around, knowing my music was too loud and my singing was way too loud and didn't care. Awesome!

I thanked God for the beautiful sunshine and cool air, being able to feel it on my skin, for just feeling alive. I thanked Him for music. I thanked Him for emotions. And I thanked Him for the many, many blessings in my life!

It is a good day and I will continue to try and make it a good day!


ps. I saw two adults wearing denim overalls today, like the kind from 10 years ago, this was not ok. I hope overalls arn't trying to make a come back.

1 comment :

  1. I will rock the overalls if they do come back. And I will make you want to rock them too.

    ReplyDelete