Friday, August 5, 2011

Lessons of the Week

A list of lessons I have learned this week:


1) My most pressing and urgent need may be money, or healing, or guidance but what I need most is forgiveness


2) Call the manufacturer before a repairman. It may result in learning of a warranty you didnt know you had or a free part because they know it was defective. Thanks dad for the advice!


3) No need for Handy Manny around here, my Mr is handy if there are directions.


4) Two and a half year olds think they can drive when they turn two and a half. Me: "Corbyn, you are two and a half today!" Corbyn: "Oh cool Mom, I can drive now!"


5) Cold showers are not worth taking a shower. I recommend a washcloth for the armpits and baby powder for the hair.


6) Running into a tree can result in 8,000 dollars worth of damage. (our) tree just fine, (neighbors) car not so much.


7) Water parks = lots of skin, not enough sunscreen, and some pretty awesome tattoos.


8) Don't get behind the coupon lady at the grocery store. Reason number one: it takes forever. Reason number 2: you feel bad about your own shopping


9) Though I am an avid Southwest Airlines fan sometimes its cheaper to fly with them one way and another airline back.


10) Being struck by lightning is not uncommon during monsoon season in Arizona (chalk up another thing to be fearful about)...five people YESTERDAY just at the south rim of the Grand Canyon. Craziness.


Did you learn anything this week? Do tell!


1 comment :

  1. I learned that taking a 1mg Melatonin tablet is the BEST THING EVER for falling asleep. I was out so fast last night.

    ReplyDelete