Saturday, November 3, 2012

Body

To my body,

You are absolutely incredible. I'm sorry for all the harsh things I have said about you and how I have blamed you for a pair of jeans not fitting right and given you chips and cookies and said "here make this make me feel energized". I'm sorry for how I took advantage of how amazing you are.  Two times you have grown a HUMAN (mighty cute ones if I say so), seven months ago you held an eight pound baby giving him everything he needed to survive, for over six months now you have been the sole source of my baby boys food, two months ago I was out of breath and my legs were screaming at me for running down my street to the blue store (probably less than 200 yards), but tonight I was able to take you on a four mile trek through our neighborhood.  We smelled the yummy food from the restaurants feeding their customers, we heard laughter coming from houses, we saw the sky change from a light bluish gray to a dark foggy blue, we could feel the pavement beneath us. These things made me feel alive.  Thank you for making me feel alive and well, for keeping me alive. Thank you for putting up with me and turning junk food into energy for so long and keeping me healthy even when I wasn't doing much to stay healthy.  I promise to take care of you, to continue to push you, and say nicer things about you even when it comes to bathing suit season. Here is to many, many more years together!

Love, Amy

1 comment :